Welcome to the Stone & Ceramic Warehouse
Coronavirus Update – May 2020
We are delighted to let you know that we are opening our Chiswick showroom to clients on an appointment-only basis between 8.30 - 5pm, Monday to Friday and between 10am - 4pm on Saturdays. We are currently closed on Sundays. We are able to do this as we have put in place the relevant safety measures and guidelines that will help to keep both our customers and our staff safe and well.
The government has been very clear that keeping the construction industry working is vital to our economy, and as many sites have now adapted to new social distancing guidelines we feel we are able to do the same, and are offering an environment that is as safe as possible for our staff and clients to confirm tile decisions and allow their projects to continue. Below is an outline of the procedures we have put in place.
To make an appointment please call us on 020 8993 5545 or e-mail us on the details below. NB: we will only allow one set of clients to enter at a time, so please book an appointment in advance.
Chris Grainger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo Oliver: email@example.com
Wes Palmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pablo Eyzaguirre: email@example.com
Please call or email if you are unable to visit the showroom and would like a sample, as we are able to deliver them to you for approval. All samples will be cleaned prior to delivery, and are only handled by our warehouse staff who will be wearing gloves. We recommend you clean the samples on receipt as an extra precaution.
Safety Rules & Advice
In order to operate a safe environment for both staff and clients we have put in place the following procedures for customers wishing to visit the showroom:
• Maximum of 2 adults per appointment, no one under the age of 16.
• During your visit mask and gloves must be worn in the showroom at all times - we can provide
complimentary reusable masks and gloves that you may take away with you.
• Your temperature will be taken on arrival, by a non-touch, handheld thermometer, all visitors
must be below 37.5 degrees C.
• We have hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser on site.
• As we have 5,000 square feet of showroom there is plenty of room to social distance.
• We will try keep visits to the minimum amount of time and make the showroom as efficient as
possible. So please either let has have as much information as you can in advance or bring
with you the following:
- Plans with measurements
- Photos of the area to be tiled
- Any colours to be matched or complimented, eg. kitchen door colours, worktops, vanity tops,
- Any Houzz, Instagram or Pinterest rooms or shots you like
• And any other relevant information that will help in making your selection.
• We are happy to provide samples, and these will all be cleaned before being packaged.
• If you wish to remove your gloves to feel the texture of a product, please advise the
salesperson so they can sanitise the tile before after touch.
• For clients who want to order extra tiles, adhesives or grouts, or if you know what you would
like to order, you do not need to visit the showroom. You can place orders over the phone and
pay by card or arrange a BACS payment. We will then give you a collection date. On arrival at
the warehouse, please call us on 020 8993 5545 and we will load your order into your vehicle.
Our warehouse staff will keep 2m away from you, and we ask that our clients to also adhere to
• Instead of signing our paperwork we ask for full name, and if collection in a vehicle we will also
make a note of the vehicle registration number
• If you or any members of your household are currently experiencing any symptoms of Covid-
19, please do not make an appointment to see us until at least 14 days after you last
• We will have a maximum of 2 sales staff in the showroom each day, who will be working at
desks in different parts of the showroom. Accounts staff have a separate office, and warehouse
staff have limited contact with customers and sales staff.
• All staff will wear a mask and gloves when near colleagues and clients.
• When our staff are not working in the showroom, they will be working at home and remain fully
contactable during the usual working hours.
• Our staff are fully aware of the above Covid-19 procedures and their temperatures are taken
daily. To date no staff members have had any symptoms of the virus and all remain healthy.
• All staff clean their own desks, laptops, keyboards and all the other items they use on a regular
basis throughout the day. Also taking in turns cleaning all communal areas in the showroom
and staff only areas.